Monday, January 3, 2011

Why I can't sleep



I think I realized why I have trouble sleeping.  I've been going through all the old boxes in our house trying to simplify our lives and I've been finding some interesting things.  This book, for one.  When I was a little kid, my mom would read me this book every night.  It is truly a book of great genius.  The story is about a little boy named Benji who was so excited about going to the zoo that he couldn't take his nap.  As a result,  he got sleepy at the zoo.  Every page is him yawning and putting a different species of animal to sleep.  As I recall, my mom never actually finished reading this book because in imitating the yawns for my entertainment, she would knock herself out.  I need to find someone who will read this to me.  I'm going to ask Gail first, but I am already prepared for the look I'm going to get.  But, I'm pretty sure this is my problem.  I was trained on this book and I am probably still in withdrawal from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment